Takura focuses on sectors that are poised for growth in Zimbabwe and the SADC region (excluding South Africa), specifically:
Construction and Infrastructure Services
Fast Moving Consumer Goods (“FMCG”)
Health and Pharmaceuticals
Information and Communications Technology (“ICT”)
Takura is an engaged investor that actively contributes to the strategic development of its portfolio companies. Takura is also able to harness additional capital for its portfolio companies through its network of investors and financial partners.
Type of Investments
Takura invests across different business life cycles, providing capital through equity/quasi equity, debt, structured and self-liquidating instruments to provide funding for expansion, buy-outs, recapitalisation and restructuring initiatives.
Takura’s value-add is in the following areas:
- Reputable and professional partner;
- Has the financial resources to fund future growth of its portfolio companies;
- Understands how international companies operate and works in a collaborative fashion with its partners for the benefit of all stakeholders;
- Ensures high levels of governance, which help to protect the brand of its partners and portfolio companies; and
- Strongly values alignment of interests with the Promoters and management teams of portfolio companies, and is fully supportive of Employee and Management Share Ownership schemes.